NEW PATIENTS - HOW TO PREPARE
Appointments: Office hours are Monday and Friday 9-3; Tue-Thur 9-12:30 and 2-6. Appointments are generally Monday - Thursday. Please call 770-936-8922 to schedule an appointment with Dr. White and Dr. Hubbard.
PATIENTS ARE SEEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Prior to your first visit you will be sent an information packet with a map, brochure, and an appointment card confirming your scheduled appointment. Please fill out the information and history sheets enclosed in the packet OR download under FORMS; fill out and bring them with you to your first appointment.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE - To help us best assess your pet's skin condition, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Please do not feed your pet after 10:00 p.m. the night before your appointment. Water is OK.
- Do not bathe your pet for at least five days before your appointment.
- Bring your pet's medical records. A list of medications your pet has received in the past six months (with dose, length of time administered, and your observations on response) is helpful.
- Continue to give antifungal, antibiotic, antiviral, heartworm preventative, cyclosporin for dry eye (KCS), flea products, thyroid, anti-seizure, and other life sustaining medications.
- Be prepared to spend approximately one and one-half hours at AVSAC for your first visit. You may be asked to leave your pet if specific procedures are decided upon with you and the doctor.
- Intradermal allergy testing for your pet requires that ANY topical, eye, or systemic corticosteroid be withheld for a minimum of four to six weeks. Antihistamines (benadryl, hydroxyzine HCl, atarax, chlortrimeton, chlorpheniramine, others) must be withdrawn at least two weeks. Ask us if you are not sure.
Please call us at least 24 hours in advance to cancel a scheduled appointment. We will be happy to reschedule, and the reserved time can then be used by another patient in need. There is a broken appointment fee for no-shows and last minute cancellations. Of course our preference is to see you and your pet, so please just give us a call!
Payment is expected at the time services are provided. We accept cash, personal checks, CareCredit, VISA, Discover and MasterCard. Please feel free to discuss fees at any time!